[Digikam-devel] "Apply" button in right side bar

Gerhard Kulzer gerhard at kulzer.net
Mon Jan 22 08:40:50 GMT 2007

Am Sonntag, 21. Januar 2007 22:20 schrieb Marcel Wiesweg:
> > > My suggestions:
> > >
> > > 1) Single selection
> > > Changes are applied immediately, visible after each keystroke in main
> > > view. (Only database, DMetadata is slow, update still only on selection
> > > change) The Apply button is not needed.
> >
> > Warning, i have add the Apply button because some user have ping me
> > because the behaviours is obscur with Comments & Tags.
> >
> > Of course, for me, without Apply button is fine, but i'm programmer
> > (:=)))... User viewpoint can be different.
>
> Yes, I'm not sure what users expect.

I just read an article about useability; it seems that 5 user opinions are
enough to get sufficiently precise feedback.

Ok I try to be a normal user:
The 'apply' button is disturbing if you haven't followed the historical
development. I think the best solution is to apply changes straight away as
Marcel suggest. Maybe after each keystroke is a bit busy but update every
second should be fine.

http://www.gerhard.fr