[Digikam-devel] How to apply changes in digikams IPTC settings to all tagged photos?

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Sat Jan 20 13:25:32 GMT 2007

> Hello,
>
> I recently turned digikams Metadata setting the option "save tags to IPTC"
> on. Then I wondered if there is any option in digikam that helps me to save
> all the tags already set before this option was turned on als IPTC tags
> into the image files?
>
> Else the images metadata will become kind of inconsitent since newer files
> will have IPTC tags set that represent digikam tags other older images
> will not.

Only in SVN since a few days:
Select all affected pictures in main view.
Comments/Tags sidebar, "More"->"Write metadata to each file"

We should also provide a batch operation accessible from the menu which does
this for all files, but implementing this option in the right side bar was
very easy, whereas the general tool requires more coding.

And note that this feature has not yet been widely tested.