[Digikam-devel] extragear/libs [POSSIBLY UNSAFE]

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Thu Feb 15 21:12:06 GMT 2007

Alle 14:07, martedì 13 febbraio 2007, Colin Guthrie ha scritto:
> Caulier Gilles wrote:
> > no, because kipi-plugins must be independant of digiKam core. You cannot link
> > it with a svn-link source code witch point to digiKam core
>
> I think Fabien was talking about svn:external rather than a symbolic link.
>
> The libraries could exist in their own SVN path but just be referenced
> via and svn:external to check it out automatically, and thus be build
> locally into each package, but avoid the need to do separate releases.
>
> This would complicate things a little in other areas, but probably not
> more so than currently ;)
>
> FYI: http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.advanced.externals.html
Col that could be a good idea for developers, and svn version testers.
I don't know if Fabien thought only about that, but if we're talking about
library dependency well that problem remains since those libraries can only
be external and shared. That is the only way to share that code between more than
one project without linking it statically or changing the library names.

Am i wrong?

Angelo

P.S. (I like your idea though, I believe I'll use in a project at work ;) )