[Digikam-devel] About slideshow

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Mon Feb 12 17:35:37 GMT 2007

Le lundi 12 février 2007 18:23, Fabien a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> The new native slideshow is great. I just have a few remarks :)
>
> Is it possible to hide the buttons when we switch manually to another
> picture ?

sure. Actually the current implementation work like the current kipi-plugins
slideshow wiyhout use OpenGL and transition Effects. I have renamed on svn
the kipi-plugin Slideshow menu entry like "Advanced SlideShow" to prevent
confusion from users.

But are you seen than the native SlideShow tool is supported by Showfoto and
image editor too. It use the same settings from setup

Also, this tool can slide all RAW files, that SlideShow kipi-plugin cannot
do... To solve this issue, i'm currently working to build a new libkdcraw
shared library in extragear/libs witch SlideShow kipi-plugins can use to
display RAW preview images. But it's for later 0.9.1 release...

> I think it could be useful, if possible, to use left click and right
> click to go to previous/next picture. And also to have Home/End go to
> first/last image.

Already reported in this room...

> I don't know if you plan to add more options,

yes, of course.

> but I guess this could be
> done later, after next stable release. I was thinking at the ability to
> display not only filename but comments, tags, iptc/exif values...

All is already in my mind, and also the capability to do a recursive slide
into an album tree...

> If you think these features could be useful, I will add a wish in bko.

Yes. I will create a new slideshow section in B.K.O.