[Digikam-devel] 0.9.1 release plan...

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Sun Feb 4 16:29:55 GMT 2007

Hi all,

TODO LIST --------------------------------------------------------

You can see below all tasks to do before to release 0.9.1-beta1 :

- Bug 127583: keywords, copyright, photographer info not saved to IPTC tags :

This file will be fixed after to have used MetadataHub class instead DMetadata
everywhere. I have already identified all places in source code using "TODO
MetadataHub:" string. There is 20 matches in source code to fix...

Marcel, i let's you manage this entry. You know better than me MetadataHub
class... I recommend you to remove the MetadataHub instance in Comments &
Tags implementation and use a global instance instead intialized in
DigikamApp at startup (like AlbumSettings instance for example). After, just
use this one everywhere...

- Some Album icon view menu actions need to be disable with Preview mode (for
ex. Select all). It's in my TODO list.

- DImg::RawLoader have a bug with unsupported RAW file by dcraw version used
by digiKam. The loader go to in eternal loop if there is no
DImgLoaderObserver instance used. This bug can only reproduce with digiKam
kio-slave. Image editor is not affected.

Marcel, i have reported this problem to you by a private mail. This problem is
important becise the thumbs process will be stopped definitivly in this case.
I hope that you can fix it...

RELEASE PLAN -------------------------------------------------------

I propose this release plan

- 0.9.1-beta1 : 2007-11-02.
- 0.9.1-RC : 2007-18-02.
- 0.9.1-final : 2007-25-02.

We need volumters to prepare digiKam and DigikamImagePlugins tarballs at these
dates. Unforget than all B.K.O files fixed _and_ all news features are
annoted to NEWS file from svn. Just use these informations to post the
release announce.

Gerhard, Fabien, Achim, Luka... Let's me hear your availabilities...

Personaly, i will in holidays from 2007-23-02 to 2007-02-03. i will out of my
office and out of home. No speed Internet connection available, just an RTC
modem with my poor laptop...

Marcel study actually in university. Shared time is very limited until
2007-09-02.

Let's me hear you viewpoints and remarks. Thanks in advance