[Digikam-devel] What do we want to store in the database?

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Fri Aug 31 18:21:11 BST 2007

Dnia piątek 31 sierpień 2007, Marcel Wiesweg napisał:
> > - metering mode
> > - focus mode
> > - file number (although it can have different formats so its
> > usefulness can be questionable)
>
> Are these available from libkexiv2?
> Will someone want to search for the file number, will it ever be
> displayed in the "Properties" sidebar tab (or only in the metadata tab?)

These may be Makernotes. Understand if they will not be included
(although I think they are invaluable as learning tool).

> > Big question is handling of metadata. I'd like to see whole IPTC Core
> > put into database... For fast querying of those items and making it
> > independent of actual images.
>
> How many fields does that make?

http://www.iptc.org/std/Iptc4xmpCore/1.0/specification/Iptc4xmpCore_1.0-spec-XMPSchema_8.pdf
33:

IPTC Subject-NewsCodes
IPTC Scene-NewsCodes
Country Code
Creator's Contact Info
Contact Info-City
Contact Info-Country
Contact Info-Address
Contact Info-Postal Code
Contact Info-State/Province
Contact Info-Email
Contact Info-Phone
Contact Info-Web URL
Intellectual Genre
Location
IPTC Scene
IPTC Subject Code
Creator
Caption/Description
Copyright Notice
Keywords
Title
City
Country
Creator's Jobtitle
Date Created
Caption/Description writer
Headline
Instructions
Job Identifier
Provider
Source
Province/State
Rights Usage Terms

Note: several of them are of type - Lang Alt which means there can be
several fields: Copyright Notice, Description, Rights Usage Terms, Title

m.