[Digikam-devel] What do we want to store in the database?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 08:51:21 BST 2007

2007/8/30, Gerhard Kulzer <gerhard at kulzer.net>:

> Am Wednesday 29 August 2007 schrieb Marcel Wiesweg:
> > Hi,
> >
> > It is a long-planned task for the next release to store more information
> > than currently in the database.
> > We are currently collecting which fields exactly we want to add.
> >
> > To qualify for inclusion, IMO a field should fulfill one of these two
> > criteria:
> > - the field can be of interest in connection with the image it belongs
> > - searching for the field is a considerable feature
> > AND this criterion:
> > - the information is usually available for images in a common usage
> pattern
> > of digikam
> >
> > Currently I have these fields on my list:
> >
> > - comment
> > - rating
> > - creation date
> > - modification date
> > - size ( dimensions in pixels)
> > - color depth (8, 16)
> > - color model (RGB, CMYK, ...)
> >
> > - make of the camera
> > - model of the camera
> lens type (focal range in 35mm equivalent is available in Makernotes)

==> look my previous comments about Makernotes.

> - aperture
> > - focal length
> > - focalLength as for 35mm film
> > - exposure time
> > - exposureMode
> > - exposureProgram
> scene mode (Landscape, Portait, etc.)

idem.

> - sensitivity
> > - flash
> > - whiteBalance
> > - orientation
> >
> > - GPS:
> >  - latitude
> >  - longitude
> >  - altitude
> >
> > - similarity searching with a Haar-like algorithm matrix
> >

> I'm also in favor of putting this list onto the wiki

Agree, but as a simple sheet of DB structure. I don't know if it possible to
do easily with wiki.

My first proposal to Marcel by IRC is to make an OpenOffice sheet (:=))).

To resume : I would to have a document where we can found what is stored in
DB, including full description of each field. Like we will host a lots of
informations, this is important for the future...