[Digikam-devel] extragear/graphics/digikam/digikam

Kevin Ottens ervin at kde.org
Mon Aug 13 17:05:39 BST 2007

Le samedi 11 août 2007, Marcel Wiesweg a écrit :
> SVN commit 698944 by mwiesweg:
>
> Use KDE Solid for detection of USB mass storage devices

Actually, you can probably use it to detect non UMS cameras too.

> - now there is one submenu for devices reported as "HardDisk" on the USB
> bus, and one submenu for devices reported as one of the various "Card
> Reader" subtypes - remove traces of the KDE3 media:/ ioslave

Good!

> Solid is a really great thing to have, first time that I use Linux and feel
> the hardware is well integrated even in high-level applications!

If you're interested in the topic, or have comments and questions, feel free
to join the kde-hardware-devel list or the #solid channel.

> TODO: For KDE3 we install .desktop files to add a digikam entry to the
> popup dialog that kded pops up when a new device is detected. I currently
> have no idea about the KDE4 equivalent.

It's work in progress. Alexis is supposed to work on it, but he's a bit
overbooked AFAIK. We'll keep using .desktop files, but we won't use mimetypes
anymore, and the install directory will be slightly different.

Regards.
Ne font reculer l'ignorance."