[Digikam-devel] Assign/Remove Tags menu screenshot

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Sat Aug 11 21:54:21 BST 2007

> Ok, I get the "broad hint"! ;-)
>
> I wanted to play around a bit, to see whether I should tackle this idea,
> but somehow I failed to compile digikam trunk with KDE4/Qt4. Are there
> somewhere more detailed instructions for that?

On techbase.kde.org there are some detailed instructions on how to set up a
KDE development environment. I have such a setup, including the additions
to .bashrc which make life easier.

http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4

> To be more specific for people that want to help me out:
> In Kubuntu, I have kdelibs and -dev installed (version 3.92, i.e. beta1),
> which include a /usr/lib/kde4/share/apps/cmake/modules directory with lots
> of .cmake files.
>
> Now I checked out digikam:
>   $ svn co svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/extragear/graphics/digikam
>
> and in this directory I ran cmake:
>   $ cmake .
>
> This results in an error message
>   .../digikam/data/icons/CMakeLists.txt:1:
>   Unknown CMake command "KDE4_INSTALL_ICONS".
>
> I can work around this, by
> copying /usr/lib/kde4/share/apps/cmake/modules/KDE4Macros.cmake to the
> digikam directory and adding INCLUDE(KDE4Macros.cmake) to CMakeLists.txt.

You certainly dont need to edit digikam's CMakeLists.txt if your setup is
correct...Have you the required version (> 2.4.5) of CMake installed?
CMake comes with a small KDE module which in turn locates the main KDE CMake
modules that comes with kdelibs (FindKDE4internal.cmake)
Have you set the KDEDIR variables?
With the bashrc additions mentioned above, I have always set:

export KDEDIR=/usr/kde/4.0
export PATH=$KDEDIR/bin:$PATH
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$KDEDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
export QT_PLUGIN_PATH=$KDEDIR/lib/kde4/plugins
export KDEDIRS=$KDEDIR

export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$KDEDIR/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH

# User
export KDEHOME=$HOME/.kde4
export KDETMP=/tmp/$USER-kde4
mkdir -p $KDETMP
export KDEVARTMP=/var/tmp/$USER-kde4

# build and src folders
# you might want to change these!
export KDE_BUILD=$HOME/freshmeat/multimedia/kde4/build
export KDE_SRC=$HOME/freshmeat/multimedia/kde4/src