[Digikam-devel] extragear/graphics/digikam/libs/widgets/imageplugins

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 11:16:03 BST 2007

2007/4/17, Arnd Baecker <arnd.baecker at web.de>:

> On Tue, 17 Apr 2007, Gilles Caulier wrote:
>
> > You will seen than it's now a real pleasure to navigate over the image
> to test an effect...
>
> Yes, this is pure pleasure now - brilliant - many thanks!!
>
> Some small points:
>
> > - Zoom factors from x1 to x12. Free value can be set.
>
>   where can this be done? (I did not find it,
>   also 300% was the maximum I got with the slider?)
>
>   Ah: it seems that it depends on the image size:
>   for an 8 MP pixel the maximal zoom (in %) was smaller
>   than for a smaller image.

x1 == minzoom value
x12 == minzoomvalue x 12

- For Restauration (for example), when no filtering has been
>   specified yet, a larger area than the selection
>   is shown, ranging into the target area.
>   Maybe the right-hand corners are not taken into account?
>   (could maybe give another small speed-up? ;-).

i will take a look

- when zooming in maximally,
>   there seems to be some interpolation to happen.
>   It would be nice to have an option to switch off interpolation.

Real pixel based scaling is currently implementation by Antonio.

Antonio, what's news ?

- When zooming in with the slider: it would be nice

>   if the center of the box stays fixed
>   (Reason: Usually one moves the box to some region with the part
>    of interest being in the middle, so subsequent zooming
>    would keep that object in view)

Yes, i will take a look

Now that this works so extremely well, could
> one also use the original image for the View mode in the Album view?

(Maybe loaded in a background thread, or only from a certain
> zoom level on?

no, the original image is displayed by editor, using Color Management.
Preview still a fast mode sithout using CM.

Best, Arnd

> P.S.: where is the lighttable - it's gone out of the side menue??... ;-)

Talking by IRC with Paco and Luka about LT, i have deleguate this
implementation...

Paco, Luke, what's news ?