[Digikam-devel] extragear/graphics/digikam/libs/widgets/imageplugins

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Tue Apr 17 11:07:41 BST 2007

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007, Gilles Caulier wrote:

> You will seen than it's now a real pleasure to navigate over the image to test an effect...

Yes, this is pure pleasure now - brilliant - many thanks!!

Some small points:

> - Zoom factors from x1 to x12. Free value can be set.

  where can this be done? (I did not find it,
  also 300% was the maximum I got with the slider?)

  Ah: it seems that it depends on the image size:
  for an 8 MP pixel the maximal zoom (in %) was smaller
  than for a smaller image.

- For Restauration (for example), when no filtering has been
  specified yet, a larger area than the selection
  is shown, ranging into the target area.
  Maybe the right-hand corners are not taken into account?
  (could maybe give another small speed-up? ;-).

- when zooming in maximally,
  there seems to be some interpolation to happen.
  It would be nice to have an option to switch off interpolation.

- When zooming in with the slider: it would be nice
  if the center of the box stays fixed
  (Reason: Usually one moves the box to some region with the part
   of interest being in the middle, so subsequent zooming
   would keep that object in view)

Now that this works so extremely well, could
one also use the original image for the View mode in the Album view?
(Maybe loaded in a background thread, or only from a certain
zoom level on?

Best, Arnd

P.S.: where is the lighttable - it's gone out of the side menue??... ;-)