[Digikam-devel] conflict between 0.9.1 and current 0.9.2. from svn...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Wed Apr 4 11:15:11 BST 2007

Hi all,

Just one word about a little confict between 0.9.1 and current 0.9.2 under
developement (svn - trunk) about the Noise Reduction image editor tool.

Recently, i have merged digiKam and DigikamImagePlugins projects.
DigikamImagePlugins do not exist anymore...

With NoiseReduction tool, we use a .desktop file to load this one like a
plugin in editor. I have renamed this file from:

digikamimageplugin_despeckle.desktop (witch is include with
DigikamImagePlugins 0.9.1 package)

digikamimageplugin_noisereduction.desktop (witch is include in digikam
0.9.2core)

...and now the plugin is not loaded in editor. I don't know why...

The solution is simple : go to the folder where is intalled digiKam desktop
files (here "/usr/share/services/"  on my computer : Mandriva2007)  and just
remove the old digikamimageplugin_despeckle.desktop file.

In fact this problem exist until 0.9.2 is under developement. Later, when
the stable package will be released, the DigikamImagePlugins package must be
uninstalled from your computer before to install the new digiKam 0.9.2. This
will solve automaticly this problem.

Regards