[Digikam-devel] extragear/graphics/digikam/utilities/imageeditor/canvas

Arnd Baecker arnd.baecker at web.de
Wed Apr 4 08:52:11 BST 2007

On Wed, 4 Apr 2007, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:

> Dnia ¶roda 04 kwiecieñ 2007, Gilles Caulier napisa³:
> > SVN commit 649987 by cgilles:
> >
> > Note to users : i need your feedback to check if all work fine on your
> > computer (to be sure if my patch do not give side effects (:=)))).
> > Thanks in advance...

Quick tests did not show any glitches.

> WOW! Latest patches really improved IE! It feels much faster now
> and no mismatches in tiles.

Speedwise:
going from one image to the next (8MP jpegs)
the last 11% of the progress-bar are now really fast
(I think that this was the part where the image was actually built
on-screen).

However, I think it would be nice if the time for "Loading ..."
would be shorter (even on a Core 2 Duo with 2 GHz and 2 GB RAM
it is about 1s to go from one image to the next).
This is also true when going back-and-forth between two images
(wasn't there some caching supposed to be active?)

But maybe this is because I compiled from svn
(eg., would an --enable-final during configure possibly speed up things?)

> I always blamed it on Qt smoothing not working on big zoom  but all
> problems vanished now.

And I thought it was *those* often mentioned jpeg artefacts which
I saw and did not bother reporting this ;-)

Arnd