[Digikam-devel] [Kde-imaging] About dcraw, libufraw, libopenraw and libkdcraw

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 18:17:39 BST 2007

2007/4/2, Angelo Naselli <anaselli at linux.it>:

> Hi,
> Alle 01:38, lunedì 2 aprile 2007, Leopold Palomo Avellaneda ha scritto:
> > - what do you think if the other people send you little modifications of
> the
> > dcraw in the manner to help it to integrate in a library? (I have in
> mind the
> > little modification that the libkdcraw have to do obtain the model and
> > camera
> As far as I can say we're inside an open model, so any modifications are
> welcome,
> and added if it's ok.
>
> > - Mr. Wiesweg and Mr. Caulier (digikam) what do you think to modify
> libkdcraw
> > to avoid any dependency of qt or kde in the way that the gnome team
> > (remember, I use kde!!!! ;-) ) or whatever program could use it?
>
> About that libkdcraw is  a sort of KDE/QT interface of dcraw. The real
> point is
> to have a libdcraw or something like that (libufraw/libdcraw/libfoo-raw,
> etc).

This is exactly the real problem: dcraw is not available like a library.

I'm quite sure Gilles has already disccussed that time ago and, to meet our
> (kipi & co./digikam) needs, he produced a libkdcraw based on dcraw code.

... And this is why libkdcraw have been created : to produce a KDE/QT  like
C++ wrapper  around dcraw.

libkdcraw provide a dcraw binary program named kdcraw witch is an exact copy
of dcraw (currently 8.60) fully tested with the C++ interface.