[Digikam-devel] [Kde-imaging] About dcraw, libufraw, libopenraw and libkdcraw

Angelo Naselli anaselli at linux.it
Mon Apr 2 09:21:34 BST 2007

Hi,
Alle 01:38, lunedì 2 aprile 2007, Leopold Palomo Avellaneda ha scritto:
> - what do you think if the other people send you little modifications of the
> dcraw in the manner to help it to integrate in a library? (I have in mind the
> little  modification that the libkdcraw have to do obtain the model and
> camera
As far as I can say we're inside an open model, so any modifications are welcome,
and added if it's ok.

> - Mr. Wiesweg and Mr. Caulier (digikam) what do you think to modify libkdcraw
> to avoid any dependency of qt or kde in the way that the gnome team
> (remember, I use kde!!!! ;-) ) or whatever program could use it?

About that libkdcraw is  a sort of KDE/QT interface of dcraw. The real point is
to have a libdcraw or something like that (libufraw/libdcraw/libfoo-raw, etc).

I'm quite sure Gilles has already disccussed that time ago and, to meet our
(kipi & co./digikam) needs, he produced a libkdcraw based on dcraw code.

Regards,
	Angelo