[Digikam-devel] Digikam plugin for GPS image tagging

Alexios Beveratos alexios.beveratos at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 16:21:18 BST 2006

Hello Gilles

Woaa, you code much faster than I even have time to look at what you  have
coded.

For GpsBabel. Well, normally this program can get any type of input file and
output any type of output file, ranging from garmin / magellan / googleearth
kmz etc file.

I think there are 2 solutions

1) call externally gpsbabel, asking the input file and format. We internally
transform it to (for exemple) gpspoint file (like the test exemple) and
continue with the plugin

2) Re-implement gpsbabel as an external class, and we do like above.

The advantage of the 1) sollution is that we can take advantage of the
evolution of gpsbabel. It is "just" one more dependency.

Tell me what you thing about it

Alex

PS : I am not french, but a greek working in Paris :-)