[Digikam-devel] Digikam plugin for GPS image tagging

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Wed Sep 20 16:07:52 BST 2006

On Tuesday 19 September 2006 14:09, Alexios Beveratos wrote:
> Gilles,
>
> Your proposition seems very good for me. I will subscribe to kipi (how do I
> get a svn access ?) and begin coding. The only thing is that I do not have
> a lot of time, and hence it may lag a bit behind
>
>  Cheers
> Alex

Alexios ,

The first implementation of the plugin is in svn.

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/libs/kipi-plugins/gpssync

It's not yet complete : a GPS file data parser implementation using GPSBabel
is missing !

All others part of the plugin are done. Just look my TODO/FIXME tags in the
source code for details.

The parser class is gpsdataparser.cpp. On this class there is a QMap container
used to strore the GPS positions decoded from the GPS file accordinly with
the date stamp. Just use a QMap::find() method to sync the Picture date with
the GPS position... simple !

You need to help me to implement the parser using the GPSBabel program.
The question is how to use properly this program. Witch GPS file format to use
in input/ouput ?

Gilles Caulier

PS : i see your this email <alexios dot beveratos at lpn.cnrs.fr> in your
exif_gps.h file. Are you a French guy ?