[Digikam-devel] KDE Handbook conformance

Gerhard Kulzer gerhard at kulzer.net
Wed Sep 13 07:08:52 BST 2006

As you know, the digikam, digikamimageplugins and kipi-plugins documentation
is great, but not conforming to the KDE docbook standard in many ways (as
defined in http://l10n.kde.org/docs/markup/index.html). We use docbook tags
that are pruned by KDE, like <figure> or <graphic> etc. That is the reason
why we can't compile our docbooks against DocBook XML V4.2-Based Variant
V1.1//EN and why
http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/sanitizer/index.php?component=extragear&module=graphics
shows so many errors in our docs.

Now I started to rework the digikam docbook to make it conform (no commit
yet) - it's a tedious but manageable task. Of course the looks change, for
the better I don't know! The annex contains a screenshot of the conforming
look. What do you think? Shall I go ahead?

Gerhard