[Digikam-devel] Digikam in Kubuntu Edgy Eft

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Fri Oct 20 11:49:25 BST 2006

On Friday 20 October 2006 12:42, Sebastian Röder wrote:
> ## Quotes from the Edgy Eft RC announcement & J. Riddells Blog: ##
>
> The Kubuntu Edgy Release Candidate is out. After Ubuntu added f-spot
> we couldn't be outdone and added Digikam to the default CD for camera
> goodness. We also upped KDE to 3.5.5.
>
> New in every Kubuntu 6.10 install, starting with RC, is digiKam 0.8.2.
> Previously digiKam had to be installed manually after Kubuntu was
> installed on the system. digiKam is an advanced digital photo
> management application. The inspiration of the digiKam design, was
> that of photographers that wanted to view, manage, edit, enhance,
> organize, tag, and share photographs with Linux systems.
>
> Some features include, but are not limited to:
>     * Serial, USB, USB/IEEE Mass storage connection
>     * Organization of photos in albums and sub-albums
>     * Comments, tags, classifications, sorting, drag and drop
>
> ## End of quotes ##
>
> Congratulations for the digikam team! To sad that they use 0.8.2
> instead of a beta release from the 0.9 series (they use beta versions
> of other apps, too - and 0.9 beta is a HUGE inprovement over the 0.8.2
> release I think). Do you think there is any chance to get the beta3
> into Edgy Eft before they release at the end of October?

Hi Seb,

Well, current 0.9.0-beta3 tarballs build by Paco can be downloaded at this
url :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/0.9.0-beta3

This will certainly the official tarballs uploaded to SF.net download area.

About kubuntu inclusion, i don't know. This is not digiKam team task to plan
distro packages.

Note than we have planed to release 0.9.0-final during december, just before
Christmast.