[Digikam-devel] 0.9.0-beta3: test packages released

Oliver Dörr oliver at doerr-privat.de
Tue Oct 17 22:22:18 BST 2006

Caulier Gilles wrote:
> Le Mardi 17 Octobre 2006 21:41, F.J.Cruz a écrit :
>
>> El Martes, 17 de Octubre de 2006 00:05, F.J.Cruz escribió:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> digiKam-0.9.0-beta3 and DigikamImagePlugins-0.9.0-beta3 packages have
>>> been uploaded to http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/0.9.0-beta3.
>>>
>>> Please download them and test if they are able to be compiled and
>>> installed properly.
>>>
>>> Both of them have been tested without problems in Kubuntu-64bits (AMD AM2
>>> 64 Bits processor).
>>>
>>> Paco Cruz.
>>>
>>   I'll wait 24 hours for new feedbacks, then I'll make the official
>> anounce, something to say?
>>

> Nothing about that.
>
> I report in this thread the message from kde-i18n-doc at kde.org ML about string
> frozen warning reported to you :
>
> // -----------------------------------
>
> Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> 	A Diumenge 15 Octubre 2006 23:14, vàreu escriure:
>
> 		i18n for digiKam and DigiKamImagePlugins has been frozen for the
> 		0.9.0-Beta3 release of this apps.
>
> 		Paco Cruz.
>

> 	And the branch (trunk or stable) we have to translate is?
>
> 	And the last day we have to check in the translations is?
>
>  I don't know the last day, but the brunch is trunk
>
>  Oliver
>
> //--------------------------------------
>
> Achim, can you give me if something need to be done on svn about i18n and this
> release ?
>
> Oliver, can you confirm than message in .po files from svn trunk come from
> current 0.9.0 implementation ?

Hmmm, not sure what you mean. What i can confirm is that every message
in the German trunk .po file is translated and that these messages give
me a completely translated digiKam. I could also confirm that digikam.po
file for German in tarball and svn are identical.

I've also tested the following:

rm /opt/kde3/share/locale/de/LC_MESSAGES/digikam*mo
find /opt/kde3 -name digikam.mo|grep "/de" returns no file (so there is
no second copy)
starting digiKam gives me an English version
Compiling and installing the tarballs
and i got basically the German digiKam Gui back

BUT there is a problem with the tarball. Some plugins are no longer
translated after this test. These are
Hot Pixel Correction
Refocus
The files are inside SVN, but not inside the tarball. Both files were
not modified in the last two months. It looks like the tarball does not
include all files.

If you like i could install a OpenSuSE 10.1 in VMWare without digiKam
and test the tarballs there. But this will have to wait till tomorrow.

Oliver