[Digikam-devel] Usage of metadata editor dialog

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Tue Nov 21 19:30:57 GMT 2006

Dnia wto lis 21 2006, Gilles Caulier napisaƂ:
> Mikolaj,
>
> Accordinly with BUG #136260, i have add 2 new options (commit # 606713)
> to sync IPTC Creation Date and Date hosted by digiKam database with the
> Exif Create Date.

I cannot test it because of not compiling. Only thinking here.

Before comments I'd like to show how XnView solved this problem.
Below main input part are 3 options:

- apply to all fields, overwriting existing entries
- merge with existing entries
- apply only to empty fields

In this way you can easily manage mass editing of meta fields.

In Digikam it would mean increasing size of main dialog but it is worth
it (IMO). It would also mean separate dialog for mass editing would be
unnecessary.

> Pending 4 important questions :
>
> 1/ Like Exif Edit Dialog, is this necessary to have the same rule with
> IPTC edit dialog to sync EXIF/JFIF/digiKam comments with IPTC caption
> tag ?

That was my suggestion in one of previous posts.

> 2/ Like Exif Edit Dialog, is this necessary to have the same rule with
> IPTC edit dialog to sync EXIF/JFIF/digiKam Creation Date with IPTC
> Creation Date tag ?

It would be good thing IMO.

> 3/ What do you think about to have an option to sync pictures File
> timestamp (on FS) with Exif Creation Date ?

It would be good thing IMO.

> 4/ Like Mass Comment editor option, perhaps to have a Mass Creation Date
> editor is a good idea ?

See above.

> In case of 3/ and 4/, is Adjust DateTime plugin is redondant. If I
> implement 3/ and 4/, this old plugin will be redondant and obsolete...

m.