[Digikam-devel] Usage of metadata editor dialog

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Tue Nov 21 13:39:46 GMT 2006

On Monday 20 November 2006 09:33, Gilles Caulier(UNTRUSTED, sender is
<digikam-devel-bounces-+caulier.gilles=kdemail.net at kde.org>) wrote:
> >    d) Syncing IPTC caption -> Exif and Digikam (host)? While this is
> >       definitely non interesting for non-ASCII users (and potentially
> >       disastrous) for English natives it may be interesting possibility
> >       (due to limitation it should be turned off by default)
>
> Since there is a warning in dialog, user can take a care and unset this
> option if necessary.

Mikolaj,

Accordinly with BUG #136260, i have add 2 new options (commit # 606713) to
sync IPTC Creation Date and Date hosted by digiKam database with the Exif
Create Date.

Pending 4 important questions :

1/ Like Exif Edit Dialog, is this necessary to have the same rule with IPTC
edit dialog to sync EXIF/JFIF/digiKam comments with IPTC caption tag ?

2/ Like Exif Edit Dialog, is this necessary to have the same rule with IPTC
edit dialog to sync EXIF/JFIF/digiKam Creation Date with IPTC Creation Date
tag ?

3/ What do you think about to have an option to sync pictures File timestamp
(on FS) with Exif Creation Date ?

4/ Like Mass Comment editor option, perhaps to have a Mass Creation Date
editor is a good idea ?

In case of 3/ and 4/, is Adjust DateTime plugin is redondant. If I implement
3/ and 4/, this old plugin will be redondant and obsolete...

Angelo, i CC you this mail from digikam-devel at kde.org mailing between me and
Mikolaj Machowski <mikmach at wp.pl>, a digiKam user witch have reported a lots
of comments about to improve MetadataEdit kipi-plugin.

All comments are welcome...