[Digikam-devel] Several crashes of digikam

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Sun May 21 15:20:43 BST 2006

Am Sonntag 21 Mai 2006 14:05 schrieb Heiner Lamprecht:
> Hi everybody,
>
> at the moment, digikam is very unstable on my machine.  I made an
> svn update this morning and compiled all the stuff.  While playing
> a little bit with the app, I had three crashes.
>
> 1. When opening an image in IE (see digikam_crash_1.log)

This log differs from the others in that it does not provide debug options.
But anyway, I dont know what might cause this.

> 2. During start of the application (see digikam_crash_2.log)

This crash comes from libexiv2.

> 3. Again when opening an image in IE, but the error message
>    seems to be different (digikam_crash_3.log)

This log appears to be useless.

For all three bugs: Are they reproducable? Then try to reproduce them running
digikam under gdb and look if it gives a better backtrace.
For bug 2, if there is a specific image causing this, it might be a libexiv2
issue. Which version do you have installed?
Please check your digikam installation, did you do a make install from the SVN
version? Are there any old stale libraries?

Marcel