[Digikam-devel] extragear/graphics/digikam/utilities/cameragui

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Tue Mar 28 13:40:12 BST 2006

On Tuesday 28 March 2006 02:31 pm, Sebastian Röder wrote:
> > > The metainfo tabs are empty on when a photo is selected in the
> > > "oberview".
> >
> > I don't understand what you mean (:=))). Witch view exactly ?
>
> I meant the thumbnail view (album view like) - but you understood me
> anyway ;-)
>
> > > Only when you open the image in the image editor then you get the
> > > exif/makernote infos. It exif/makernote not yet implemented in the
> > > cameragui or is this a bug?
> >
> > Cameragui, editor and main interface use the same implementation. The
> > only difference with cameragui is with gphoto cameras, where all Exif
> > metadata are extracted using a gphoto command. With any camera, the Exif
> > info are empty. I suspect a bug in gphoto. I have the same problem with
> > my old Olympus C3000Z camera. When you open a image into IE from camera
> > interface, the file is donwloaded from camera to computer. The Exif info
> > can be displayed properlly. If your camera is a Gphoto like, You can
> > check the size of Exif info extracted by Gphoto to look on the console.
> > There is a debug message like this :
> >
> > Size of Exif metadata from camera = 8214
> >
> > if size are small, like any bytes, gphoto failed to get Exif info from
> > camera.
> >
> > Note : this problem do not exist with USM mass storage camera !
>
> OK looks like I am hit by this gphoto2 bug with my Nikon D70 in PTP mode. I
> switched to USB Mass Storage on the camera but now I don't know how to
> configure it inside digikam. The auto detect fails and in the add camera
> list there is no USB Mass Storage anymore.

Since 0.8.x serie "USB Mass Storage" have been renamed to amore generic name :
"Mounted Camera". Take a look into handbook (:=))) :

http://docs.kde.org/development/en/extragear-graphics/digikam/using-kapp-setup.html#setupdialog

==> at "Camera Settings" section...

Sure, in setup dialog, Gphoto and UMS camera must be separate in the future.
There is a file in B.K.O about this point...