[Digikam-devel] extragear/graphics/digikam/utilities/cameragui

Sebastian Röder sebastian.roeder at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Mar 28 13:31:41 BST 2006

> > The metainfo tabs are empty on when a photo is selected in the
> > "oberview".
>
> I don't understand what you mean (:=))). Witch view exactly ?

I meant the thumbnail view (album view like) - but you understood me
anyway ;-)

> > Only when you open the image in the image editor then you get the
> > exif/makernote infos. It exif/makernote not yet implemented in the
> > cameragui or is this a bug?
>
> Cameragui, editor and main interface use the same implementation. The only
> difference with cameragui is with gphoto cameras, where all Exif metadata
> are extracted using a gphoto command. With any camera, the Exif info are
> empty. I suspect a bug in gphoto. I have the same problem with my old
> Olympus C3000Z camera. When you open a image into IE from camera interface,
> the file is donwloaded from camera to computer. The Exif info can be
> displayed properlly. If your camera is a Gphoto like, You can check the
> size of Exif info extracted by Gphoto to look on the console. There is a
> debug message like this :
>
> Size of Exif metadata from camera = 8214
>
> if size are small, like any bytes, gphoto failed to get Exif info from
> camera.
>
> Note : this problem do not exist with USM mass storage camera !

OK looks like I am hit by this gphoto2 bug with my Nikon D70 in PTP mode. I
switched to USB Mass Storage on the camera but now I don't know how to
configure it inside digikam. The auto detect fails and in the add camera list
there is no USB Mass Storage anymore.