[Digikam-devel] Compile problems png library

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Tue Mar 21 12:45:17 GMT 2006

On Monday 20 March 2006 07:20 am, Gerhard Kulzer wrote:
> Hi Gilles and Aschwin,
> I'm still struggling with the png lib. In the png-mng-implementation ML I
> found a discussion string about how Debian goes about the png
> implementation. But having analyzed a bit the differences between Debian
> source and sourceforge.net I don't think it's the Debian implementation. It
> seems to me (with my restricted understanding of things) that the missing
> functions are private now:
>         png_read_data
>         png_crc_finish
>         png_get_uint_32
>         png_reset_crc
>         png_crc_read
>         png_read_transform_info
>         png_write_data
>
>  They are not exported into the symfile anymore. I don't know when this
> change happened, but somewhere along 1.2.8 version.
> Gilles, what version exactly do you have on your Mandriva? I have
> 1.2.8-rel5
>
> Gerhard

Gerhard,

All private PNG depencies from PNGMetaLoader have been removed from svn. The
implmentation have been fixed (I use KFileMetaInfo to grep all embedded text
insided PNG file). Raw EXIF/IPTC profiles (from ImageMagick) extraction have
been restaured (you can see EXIF and IPTC metadata from PNG file into
metadata viewer).

Please checkout svn trunk and give me a feedback...