[Digikam-devel] Experimental : image preview on main interface

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach at wp.pl
Fri Jun 16 11:14:18 BST 2006

Dnia piątek, 16 czerwca 2006 07:56, Gilles Caulier napisał:

> No !!! Preview is not the embedded Exif thumb (160x120 pixels). It come
> from Makernote and it's not standardized. It used to render image to TV
> screen by camera. For example, Preview in Minolta makernote tag
> "PreviewImage" :

OK. I will check it later (and eventually respond).

> > This functionality already speeds up loading of single
> > image comparing to ImageEditor, and moving between images (JPEGs) is
> > slightly faster than in image editor.
>
> And this is can be improved to use Makernote preview with JPEG, TIFF,
> and PNG.

I wonder if Digikam could "fix" images and generate those info/images
and embed it into images.

> > However quality of zooming(?) is
> > lower in this preview, for me this is acceptable.
>
> This is depending of preview image size.

Embedded in image?

> > - some kind of context menu would be useful, proposed actions:
> >
> >   - Album view (F3)
> >   - Edit       (F4)
> >   - Open in    >
> >   - Assign tag >
> >   - Remove tag >
> >   - Rating     >
> >   - Change name...
>
> You talking about RMB menu or Main interface menu ?

Mostly RMB menu but I see that in regular interface some actions aren't
available from main menu, most notably:

      - Open in    >
      - Assign tag >
      - Remove tag >