[Digikam-devel] Possibly dangerous bug in 0.9.0-beta1

Klaus Weidenbach Klaus.Weidenbach at gmx.net
Mon Jul 31 17:19:32 BST 2006

Hello,

> Can anyone (except Rainer and me) verify this?
> Use "ipcs -m" to display Shared memory segments.
>
> As an intermediate solution, lost memory can be removed by ipcrm:
> for i in `ipcs -m|grep 4194304|awk '{print $2}'`; do ipcrm -m $i; done

I think there still exists a problem with this, but not for every picture, but
for every time you launch Digikam. After I used Digikam for a while and
downloaded some pictures and run ipcs -m I have these new entries:
0x00000000 8585218    klaus     600        262144     0
0x00000000 1736707    klaus     666        461280     0
I started Digikam again and after viewing some pics and closing it there is
this new entry after the others:
0x00000000 9895941    klaus     600        262144     0
and once more starting Digikam viewing pictures and closing again there is one
more entry in ipcs -m:
0x00000000 10878982   klaus     600        262144     0
Not sure if this is related I have unfortunately not so much clue about this
kind of things. :(

But I also realized a problem today with downloaded pictures that get
autorotated. The preview picture in the albums is correct. Do I open the
autorotated picture I only see the first few lines, the rest is just
gray. "Open with..." kuickshow, gimp, showFoto shows the pictures correct.
After I close Digikam and start it again also in Digikam the pictures are
shown correct. Seems that there is somewhere a cache that is not refreshed
after the autorotate?

Regards,
Klaus

--