[Digikam-devel] How to support the digikam team

Sebastian Röder sebastian.roeder at uni-bielefeld.de
Tue Jan 31 18:38:31 GMT 2006

> > I would say I use the week days to make myself familar with SVN and
> > target the upload of the tarball for internal testing on friday, So maybe
> > we can have a RC1 on monday. Is this OK? Your comments please.
>
> Take the time you need. It doesn't matter if we will release some days
> later.

OK. But I think the time frame is quite right.

> > I need SVN (write) access til thursday or something I think - it would be
> > nice if someone could guide me a little in this subject.
>
> You neither need write access for packaging nor testing. The tarballs
> aren't stored in svn.

Yes that's right - but the PACKAGING file is also about taging and branching,
and that would need SVN write access. But if this part is managed by another
person from the team, no problem.

> > For sure I will post a question on how to get digikam working from
> > inside /home (parallel install to stable gentoo ebuild in /usr). I always
> > failed at this point cause digikam couldn't recognize my KDE install. I
> > have to adjust my path somehow.
>
> add_root=/opt/kde-svn
> export KDEDIRS=$add_root:
> export PATH=$add_root/bin:$PATH
> export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$add_root/lib

Nice, will try that. Thanks Joern

> > You neither need write access for packaging nor testing. The tarballs
> > aren't stored in svn.
>
> Excepted to update release number, changelog and others stuff during
> Packaging...

For the tarball I do this on my local checkout and if another person manages
SVN I can send him the updated changelog. When I get SVN access I can do it
myself - as you like it.

> No need to make an RC1. There are only bugfix/memory leak on
> DigikamImagePlugins.

OK, will call it 0.8.1 and that's it.

> Gerhard Kulzer will commit a fix during this week in all plugins .rc files
> to drive properly keyboard shortcuts on IE/showfoto. Packaging actions must
> be done after that, but you can trying to make a tarball in your computer
> before for testing

Yes I do my tests before and have a look when Gerhard's fix comes in.

> About svn, personnally, i'm using esvn. It's work fine...

Ok, might try that. Or stick to the command line, not sure yet.

BTW I can be found on your IRC with the nickname sebroeder.
As far as the emotional debate goes about kipi future on kde-imaging list (I
can quite understand that you guys can not hear the word "cooperation") I
would say it's a good idea when the digikam devels write down a summary of
there viewpoint/arguments and its results for kipi so that this discussion
doens't go on forever in this mood. Just one text that makes things clear.
Just an idea, though. Tried that myself at the beginning of the debate and I
think it helps.

See you on IRC!