[Digikam-devel] Hotplug and DCOP interface

Thorsten Schnebeck thorsten.schnebeck at gmx.net
Thu Jan 5 00:01:36 GMT 2006

Am Mittwoch 04 Januar 2006 19:46 schrieb Tom Albers:
> Because media is async, and QDir does not support media:/ ;-)
>
> A service menu can do the mounting and Im now working on a patch to support
> digikam --download-from /bla/bli/blo which will open camera dialog at that
> position. At least for kde 3.5 that would solve the problem for ums,
> --autodetect would tacle gphoto thingies.

OK, I think I understand the problem.
What is the recommended workflow, if you have more than one device connected?
By now I have 6 "cameras" defined and often 3 connected. Cause sometimes HAL
create a different mountpoint in "/media" I have to readjust the montpoint in
digiKams camera config dialog. Is it a problem for the database if digiKam
starts with e.g. 3 instances?

Anyway, this new Solid-thing sound interesting. Maybe its possible to focus
digiKams needs later in its API conception-phase.

Thanks

  Thorsten