[Digikam-devel] Hotplug and DCOP interface

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Wed Jan 4 18:46:46 GMT 2006

Op woensdag 4 januari 2006 08:50, schreef Thorsten Schnebeck:
> > I had a look at it. Only nitpick:  DCOPIfce is an ugly name.
> > How about renaming it to camera?
> >
> > 	dcop digikam-<pid> camera autoDetect
> > 				  openCamera	"Model"		# TODO
> > 				  openDirectory	/mount/point/	# TODO
>
> Me wonders, why is this mounting stuff so hard with digiKam? I
> mean, KDE supports HAL, media-kioslave and has auto-mounting
> on demand. Why can we not simply use "media:/" for usb-storge
> devices, when this has a dcim folder in its path?

Because media is async, and QDir does not support media:/ ;-)

A service menu can do the mounting and Im now working on a patch to support
digikam --download-from /bla/bli/blo which will open camera dialog at that
position. At least for kde 3.5 that would solve the problem for ums,
--autodetect would tacle gphoto thingies.

Achim is preparing the service menu and Im working on the patch for the new
parameter.

Toma