[Digikam-devel] extragear/graphics/digikam/libs/dimg

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Sun Feb 26 17:08:46 GMT 2006

Le Samedi 25 Février 2006 18:56, Marcel Wiesweg a écrit :
> Am Samstag 25 Februar 2006 12:33 schrieb Gilles Caulier:
> > >
> > > I will update the DigikamImagePlugins TODO file with all
> > > informations/tasks to do for 0.9.0 release. Any plugins will be simple
> > > to update, others need to be rewritted about algorithms.
> >
> > Done on svn. Please let's me hear your choise and If you need more
> > informations about.
>
> Ok, since I am pretty indifferent about which plugins I port I will start
> with the topmost "easy" one which is Add Border, then the next one on the
> list is BlurFX.

I have updated TODO list by difficulty order.

> I have no experience with backporting or rewriting algorithms, so I won't
> do Charcoal, Superimpose, Unsharp, Perspective, Noise reduction.

I will do Charcoal, Unsharp and Noise Reduction.

About SuperImpose, the plugin widget must be fixed accordinly with Achim B.K.O
files. There is no backport. It's pure Qt widget implementation to do using
QPixmap.

About Perspective, the algorithm must be ported to 16 bits. there is no
backport to do.

> What needs to be ported except for the actual 16-bits data handling and
> replacing QImage with DImg?

Yes, especially about render algorithm. Widget rendering don't need to support
16 bits mode. There is just an interface to do. Take a look in already ported
plugin like refocus for example.

> I understand that ImageGuideDialog becomes DIgikam::ImageGuideDlg and
> CtrlPanelDialog Digikam::CtrlPanelDlg, does this change require any
> substantial changes in the UI code?

DigikamImagePlugins::ImageGuideDialog and DigikamImagePlugins::CtrlPanelDialog
are obsolete now. dialog from digiKam core must be used instead.

In the same time, Digikam::DImgImageFilters must be used instead
Digikam::ImageFilters. For example, Blur algorithm is used in any
DigikamimagePlugins tools like Infrared. This is want mean that
digikam/libs/filters will be removed before to release 0.9.0.

About changes in the UI code, I can do it in a plugins to give an example. I
can prepare 'Add Border' tool or Blur FX' to about this point if you want.

About 'Add Border' tool, i have forget to said that we need to fix algorithm
to preserve original image aspect ratio when a border is add to image (I have
any requests from users about this point).

Gilless