[Digikam-devel] RAW samples for 7D

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Tue Feb 7 08:01:41 GMT 2006

Le Mardi 7 Février 2006 08:40, Stephane Chauveau a écrit :
> Hi Gilles,
>
> I saw your email (from Sept 28th), in the Digikam-devel mailing list
> archive.
>
> If you are still looking for samples of the 7D for your RAWFILESDATABASE,
> I recently sent 2 of them to rawpository. You can pick them on their
> website. They are free of use.

Thanks. My raw file database have been moved here :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Images_2_Test_DImg/RAW/

>   http://glasslantern.com/RAWpository/index.htm

Interresing...

> If you prefer, you can also take them directly from my web site (for a few
> days only)
>
>   http://www.chauveau-central.net/pict8043.mrw
>   http://www.chauveau-central.net/pict9121.mrw

Yes, it's better. thanks...

> About buying a 5D or a 7D! You should know that KM recently announced that
> they were selling their camera business to Sony. The KM lens mount is going
> to be reused by Sony but a lot of peoples in the KM forums are doubting
> about Sony intentions to release quality products. On the other hand, the
> 5D and the 7D are fine cameras and their prices are currently very very
> low.

I have buying a Dynax 5D camera. It's excelent.

I know that MK is out of photography world. It's suck royally. I hope than
Sony will continue the Dynax adventure for the future...

> Also thanks for the samples in RAWFILESDATABASE.
> They will be very usefull to me (for some related projects on the G side of
> the linux desktop :-))
>
> ps: I do not know if Digikam supports camera profiles

Yes, Paco and me will finalize the ICC profiles support for 0.9.0. The code is
ready to test in svn at 'trunk' branch.

There is a main icc setup page :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/ICC_setup_dialog.png

An image embedded ICC profile checker to sidebar with a classic EIC tonge
graph :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/digikamEICtonge.png

A full support in image editor with RAW file in 16 bits :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/16_bits_RAW_image_file_loaded_in_digikam_image_editor_without_colors_correction.png
http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/16_bits_RAW_image_file_loaded_in_digikam_image_editor_using_littleCMS.png

And a new plugin to check ICC profiles corrections and others stuff :

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/icc_plugin.png
http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/icc_plugin_check_gamut_option.png

These screenshots are a little bit old and the GUI have been really improved
recently, especially for all colors correction plugins in IE :

http://www.digikam.org/?q=node/64

> but, if so, you may
> have a look to the small program prof2ufraw, I wrote recently to 'fix' the
> KM camera profiles ( http://www.chauveau-central.net/mrw-format/ ).

I will take a look. I'ma sure that Paco will be interresed by this part.