[Digikam-devel] RAW samples for 7D

Stephane Chauveau stephane at chauveau-central.net
Tue Feb 7 07:40:22 GMT 2006

Hi Gilles,

I saw your email (from Sept 28th), in the Digikam-devel mailing list archive.

If you are still looking for samples of the 7D for your RAWFILESDATABASE,
I recently sent 2 of them to rawpository. You can pick them on their website.
They are free of use.

  http://glasslantern.com/RAWpository/index.htm

If you prefer, you can also take them directly from my web site (for a few days only)

  http://www.chauveau-central.net/pict8043.mrw
  http://www.chauveau-central.net/pict9121.mrw

About buying a 5D or a 7D! You should know that KM recently announced that they were selling their camera business to Sony. The KM lens mount is going to be reused by Sony but a lot of peoples in the KM forums are doubting about Sony intentions to release quality products. On the other hand, the 5D and the 7D are fine cameras and their prices are currently very very low.

Also thanks for the samples in RAWFILESDATABASE.
They will be very usefull to me (for some related projects on the G side of the linux desktop :-))

ps: I do not know if Digikam supports camera profiles but, if so, you may have a look to the small program prof2ufraw, I wrote recently to 'fix' the KM camera profiles ( http://www.chauveau-central.net/mrw-format/ ).

Stephane Chauveau