[Digikam-devel] extragear/graphics/digikam

Marcel Wiesweg marcel.wiesweg at gmx.de
Tue Dec 19 17:48:48 GMT 2006

> Marcel,
>
> About this subject, I propose to open a setting dialog just after the
> dialog used to save an image from image editor (like gimp/photoshop does).
>
> Trying to add a settings area in the file save dialog look impossible with
> KFileDIalog class.

Take a look at the second constructor of KFileDialog. You can specify a
QWidget* which will be embedded into the dialog at the bottom.
I once played with it, I hope I can find the code somewhere. The only problem
was aligning the layout with the other widgets.

> Of course the advantage of this way is to reduce the
> dialog open, but it require to create a new file dialog in digiKAm core
> using a new layout and more options.
>
> Second question is where to store the image loader settings widgets
> implementation (TIFF/PNG/JPEG/JPEG2000) : in libs/dimg/loader or in
> utilities/imageeditor/ ?

Don't know...
The information is specific to each loader, so the advantage of
libs/dimg/loader is to keep everything in one place.

Marcel