[Digikam-devel] 0.9 release tarball ready

Fabien fabien.ubuntu at gmail.com
Mon Dec 18 10:36:47 GMT 2006

Gilles Caulier wrote:
> On Monday 18 December 2006 11:20, Fabien wrote:
 >
>>IMHO, it's ok. I find it less confusing to have a separate tarball for
>>documentations than having 2 tarballs for digikam and digikamimageplugins
>>:)
>
> It separete because doc is huge and it a solution to not surchage the binary
> package. Also dco can be release when you want outside binary release date.

I agree. I wonder if if won't be a solution to do the same for language
files, to have more up-to-date translations...

I'm not sure if it's a lot of work or not, but I think it would be
easier for users to have only one tarball with digikam and imageplugins.
There's already a lot of dependencies + kipi-plugins, it would be
something less to do...

>>Anyway, you're faster than I thought with the final release. I made some
>>tests this week-end to check everything and it looks perfect.
>>But, I'm not sure about language packs.
>>
>>I tested french language and there are still some untranslated strings.
>>I don't know about other languages...
>>Are the KDE translators aware that the final version is nearly released ?
>
> About French translations, there is no maintainer since a long time. If you are
> interessed...

Well, why not :) If I want my family to use it, I need it to be fully
translated. So, I will have a look :)

> I refuse to do it. It a huge work to do. This is impossible to develop and
> translate at the same time.

Yes, I think you're more useful at developpment ;-)

--
Fabien