[Digikam-devel] exif / exiv???

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Sun Aug 20 14:12:49 BST 2006

Le Samedi 19 Août 2006 02:38 PM, Heiner Lamprecht a écrit :
> On Sunday 20 August 2006 14:23, Caulier Gilles wrote:
> > Le Samedi 19 Août 2006 02:05 PM, Heiner Lamprecht a écrit :
> > > I thought, that libexif is no longer needed, since we are using
> > > exiv2?
> >
> > no. libexif is require yet by JpegLossless kipi-plugins via
> > libkexif. Port this plugin to Exiv2 is planed in the future,
> > without using libkexif.
> >
> > Of course, digiKam do not use libkexif now since we use Exiv2
> > instead.
> >
> > But, libgphoto2 require libexif. In fact, you need to install
> > libexif in your computer...
>
> Okay, now I understand.
>
> BTW:  Are there any problems known on 64bit?

Well, look in B.K.O. We have sorted all know bug by sub categories to be more
readable/suitable. I remember to see 1 or 2 bugs relevant... but not sure...

http://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?product=digikam&bug_status=UNCONFIRMED&bug_status=NEW&bug_status=ASSIGNED&bug_status=REOPENED

We have never tested endeep digikam & co under 64 bits. Please give us a
feedback, especially to load image data in editor and running editor tools
with 16 bits/color/pixel images.