[Digikam-devel] Mousepointer glued to rubber, steps to reproduce.

Peter Heckert lists at hphsite.de
Sun Apr 30 13:28:54 BST 2006

Caulier Gilles wrote:
> Le Dimanche 30 Avril 2006 12:40 AM, Peter Heckert a écrit :
>
>> Peter Heckert wrote:
>>
>> I believe, that sometimes the "Mousebutton released" Message is lost,
>> due to data corruption and this will "glue" the Mouse to the rubber.
>>
>> Peter
>>

> data corruption done by what ? You filter code ?

It happens apparently with any plugin, that needs some calculation time
and that starts
calculation while the mousepointer is pressed.

I spent a lot of time to find a way to reproduce, because this happens very
often in noisereduction for me, it is disturbing.

Here is a better way and more reasonable way to reproduce:

Move a rubber and hold mouse button down, until the progress bar starts
running.
While the progressbar is running, release mousebutton and move mousepointer
away quickly.
After this, the mouse is "glued" to the rubber.
This can be reproduced in Noisereduction plugin and in refocus plugin
(make window large enough, so that it is busy for one second).
I believe, that the rubber doesnt catch the "Mousebutton Up" Event, when
the mouse
is moved away while the plugin is busy calculating.

Because noisereduction parameters need accurate adjustment, and I move the
rubbers slowly, this happens quite often to me.

regards,

Peter