[Digikam-devel] Mousepointer glued to rubber, steps to reproduce.

Peter Heckert lists at hphsite.de
Sun Apr 30 12:46:54 BST 2006

Hi Gilles,

hope you had luck and success.

Caulier Gilles wrote:
> Le Dimanche 30 Avril 2006 12:40 AM, Peter Heckert a écrit :
>
>> Peter Heckert wrote:
>>
>> I believe, that sometimes the "Mousebutton released" Message is lost,
>> due to data corruption and this will "glue" the Mouse to the rubber.
>>
>> Peter
>>

> data corruption done by what ? You filter code ?

No. As I mentioned before, the effect also happens in the refocus
plugin, when
the window is made so large, that the filter is busy long enough, after
moving
a rubber.

Even under windows my mouse "jumps" sometimes. So I believe the mouse
events
can be lost or corrupted by hardware or due to lost interrupts, when the
processor
is busy.

> In all case, check your code using valgrind. It will decrease digikam speed
> (/15) but the report on the console are very instructive.

I will do. However before I do it, I must learn it and this needs time.

> Look in HACKING file from digikam folder.

I already did ;-)

wish you a nice weekend,

Peter