[Digikam-devel] [patch SVN 0.9.0] imageeffect_noisereduction.cpp

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Fri Apr 28 12:43:47 BST 2006

On Thursday 27 April 2006 10:07 pm, Peter Heckert wrote:
> Peter Heckert wrote:
> > Ooops, I just have seen, that this patch makes noisereduction crash,
> > when I set "Color" to zero.
> > Possibly I have done something wrong here. Please review it carefully.
> > I cannot see any error, but I dont understand the userinterface code.
> >
> > If you can see, what is wrong, please give me a hint.
> > Would be very helpful for me, so I can continue porting the improved
> > filter code.
>
> I have reverted all my modifications and it still crashs. (segmentation
> fault)
> Currently I am unable to track this down.
>
> Is it possible, that crash comes from floating point errors, such as
> calling pow(-1,x)?

I remember a bug into your code when i have backport your implemention in
digiKam plugins. The probelm is a divide by 0 somewhere.

You have changed :

m_lookaheadInput->setRange(0.5, 10.0, 0.5, true);

m_lookaheadInput->setRange(0.0, 20.0, 0.01, true);

Check this point...

If you want a backtrace after a crash, run digikam into gdb...

VERY IMPORTANT : If you change something into option description, please
change it too into plugin handbook :

http://docs.kde.org/development/en/extragear-graphics/digikamimageplugins/despeckle.html

The code of this manual is in svn at this place :

http://websvn.kde.org/trunk/extragear/graphics/doc/digikamimageplugins/despeckle.docbook?rev=524367&view=auto

You can find this file into your computer if you have downloaded the
extragear/graphics/doc/digikamimageplugins folder from svn (include with
digikam source)

It's a docbook file. It's easy to fix. Just create a patch to commit into svn.
Thanks in advance