[Digikam-devel] Minolta MRW RAW file parser...

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Fri Apr 28 10:52:47 BST 2006

Hi all,

I'm currently finalize a new MRW raw file parser in digiKam core. It's based
on Stephane Chauveau code and can give Exif metadata tags.

http://digikam3rdparty.free.fr/Screenshots/MRW_RAW_file_metadata_parser.png

MakerNotes can be handle too, but not yet displayed in digikam because Exiv2
cannot support yet Minolta makernotes... This point will be added in Exiv2 in
the future (all contributions welcome (:=)))

The implementation of MRW RAW file parser is currently in digiKam core
(included in DMetadata::RawMetaLoader class). In the future, i will backport
this code in Exiv2 implementation, when the code will be mature, and when i
will learning indeep Exiv2 implementation.

I will commit the code in KDE svn trunk branch today, after to have passed a
lot of indeep tests.

Please Minolta users who uses digikam 0.9.0-svn, can you give me a feedback
during this week end. Thanks in advance...