[Digikam-devel] digikam project and kdevelop - questions

Peter Heckert lists at hphsite.de
Sun Apr 23 14:06:05 BST 2006

Caulier Gilles wrote:
> Sounds good. It's better to use a pro linux dist when you is a linux beginner
> (This is not a troll (:=)))). Personnaly i use Mandriva 2006 without problem.

I have been a linux beginner for several years ;-)
Was Mandrake (5.2-7.2) user for some years, then I switched to Fedora,
then to windows and now
back to Fedora ;-) I will never stop being a linux-beginner, because I
can never learn everything,
and I dont want to know everything, I have some ROI's (regions of
interest) and everything outside
should simply work automagically as advertised ;-)
>> I dont know if my version of kdevelop still has a problem.
 > not Kdevelop. I recommend you to have a computer with a large RAM
(500MB min.)
Have 1 GB and Athlon Duron 1,2GHz.

I  continue using the gimp-plugin for further development of dcamnoise.
It is better as a testbed, when I test out new features. Much faster
turnaround cycle and I can load
old and new plugin-versions at the same time and compare their image
quality onscreen.
So I will not show up here for some time.

I have started on a version that uses 2-dimensional edge detection. When
this is working I announce it,
then you can evaluate the gimp plugin. Should be easily portable,
because I use floating point,
16-bit is no problem and I use c++ now.

Intermediate development code and doc can always be found at the
gimp-registry.

Thank's for the help so far, it's much better using kdevelop than kwrite
and I hope this will speed
up my work.

best regards,

Peter