[Digikam-devel] digikam project and kdevelop - questions

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at kdemail.net
Sat Apr 22 09:51:35 BST 2006

Le Vendredi 21 Avril 2006 11:55 PM, Peter Heckert a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> here I am again. I was near to giving up, but finally I installed Fedora
> core 5 instead of Kanotix/Debian
> and now the debugger is working ok in kdevelop.

Sounds good. It's better to use a pro linux dist when you is a linux beginner
(This is not a troll (:=)))). Personnaly i use Mandriva 2006 without problem.

> I can compile and debug the whole project, but I still cannot compile a
> subproject e.g. noisereduction.
> So compiling and installing is very timeconsuming.
>
> I do this:
> Open the automake manager. Goto noisereduction and click right mousebutton.
> A contextmenu opens and gives several options. I choose "Build".
> Then a Messagebox appears, saying:
> "There is no Makefile in this directory. Run configure first?"
>
> Ok, I know, there is a Makefile in this directory. When I invoke it from
> console,
> then the subproject alone is compiled and when I invoke "sudo make
> install" then the plugin
> alone is installed, and the full timeconsuming compilation- and
> installation process is avoided.
>
> However, when I do this from console then I dont get compiler messages
> into kdevelops
> message window and so I cannot jump into the editor, when there was an
> compiling error.
> What is missing here?

You cannot do that because Makefile are driven by automake/autoconf from main
root folder.

I you want only compiled NR folder, just remove all other plugins folder (like
adjustcurves, whitebalance, etc), excepted common folder.

After that, in Kdevelop just use digikamimageplugins.kdevelop project (n ot
digikam project), and restart Build/Run Automake & friends and Build/Run
Configure.

To optimize compilation time, you can remove doc folder and other extragear
apps source code.

> Another question: Debugging is ok, but the debugger is rather slow. I
> believe, this is,
> because the whole application is compiled with debugging option. The
> symbol table is too large.

compile digikam without debug options and install it.

> Is there a way to compile only the plugin with debug option?

Just use digikamimageplugins KDevelop project and recompile with full debug
options

> Or, if not, can I strip debug symbols from the digikam executable, and
> how can I do this?
>
> I dont know if my version of kdevelop still has a problem.

not Kdevelop. I recommend you to have a computer with a large RAM (500MB min.)