[Digikam-devel] Include file firstrunUI.h missing, other beginner questions

Peter Heckert lists at hphsite.de
Tue Apr 4 23:52:56 BST 2006

Caulier Gilles wrote:
> Le Mercredi 05 Avril 2006 12:06 AM, Peter Heckert a écrit :
> Sounds like you haven't installed the fresh recompiled plugin before to start
> debuging.
>
> The plugins isn't in digikam core. When you start gdb instance via kdevelop,
> the binary plugin target used come from your core system, not in local.
>
> You need to install it before. No need to re-install digikam at all. Just open
> kdevelop console, go to plugin source code folder and use "su; make install".

Thank you very much.
I did this and first had the same behavior.
However after about 10 minutes the program was alive again and it
stopped again at the breakpoint.

So it was not crashed, but seemingly it was running incredibly slowly.
Is it possible, that debugging slows down the proggie?
Are there debugging hooks e.g. for memory allocation that can slow down
the program in this way?

Can I avoid this?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Ok, this had been 5 hours for today I cannot do this forever, the
program was sleeping, now I must go to sleep :-/

peter