[Digikam-devel] Preparing for digikam 0.8

Caulier Gilles caulier.gilles at free.fr
Sat Sep 10 10:34:23 BST 2005

Le Vendredi 9 Septembre 2005 23:45, Joern Ahrens a écrit :
> Hey guys,
>
> in bko are no more reported crashs and the new features for 0.8 are
> implemented since weeks now. So I will prepare the schedule plan for the
> release.

I'm agree.

> 1. beta1 -> is done
>
> 2. rc1 -> next step

I prefert beta 2. I'm currently working on handbook...

> 3. rc2 -> if needed

and RC before final to froze doc and GUI i18n. Lets 2 weeks (minimum) for
translators.

> 4. release of digikam 0.8
>
> Is there anything pending before we can release the first rc?
> How much time is needed to finish the documentation?
>
> ** Time schedule / freeze suggestion **
>
> From now: code/i18n freeze, finishing the documentation (how much time do
> we need here??)
>
> When the documentation is finished: code/i18n/doc freeze, release of rc1,
> translation
>
> After three weeks: release of 0.8
>
> It is done! :-)
>
> Any objections, suggestions?

There is a large update to do in digiKam handbook, especially with main
interface (sidebar descriptions, search tools, etc.)

I will working on digiKam handbook : general descriptions, all screenshots,
and  image editor parts. I think that Camera interface no need any changes.

I will working too on Showfoto handbook. DigikamImagePlugins handbooks are
completed (still any screenshots to update but i18n are been done by me and
fixed by Gerhard).

I need one week to do this task (during beta2 stage)

I need any helps from team to :

- update main interface descriptions.
- Re-reading my English words in image editor, showfoto, and general
description part when it will be done.

Any contributors welcome !