[Digikam-devel] Fwd: [Digikam-users] Metadata and IPTC support

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at free.fr
Mon Nov 14 08:58:00 GMT 2005

Le Dimanche 13 Novembre 2005 23:27, Joern Ahrens a écrit :
> We should keep Caseys mail in mind, when we start developing the next
> version. It is very interesting but sadly nobody of us found any time to
> answer....

I keep in mind this mail about IPTC. My general viewpoint is that IPTC is very
important for photograph, because TIFF file format (witch support IPTC) is
the favorite image file format for proffesionnal photographers. I think it's
important to support IPTC in the future like EXIF for JPEG.

But this is will done later DImage port in digikam core, because DImage will
preserve all meta-data in image files : EXIF, COM, and IPTC.

The better to make an IPTC viever is to update libkexif using exiv2 lib...
when this lib support properly i18n like libexif. This is not the case
actually.

Regards