[Digikam-devel] Fwd: [Digikam-users] Metadata and IPTC support

Gerhard Kulzer gerhard at kulzer.net
Mon Nov 14 05:16:00 GMT 2005

Am Sonntag, 13. November 2005 23.27 schrieb Joern Ahrens:
> Well, kdemail.net currently doesn't work, another try to forward the
> mail....
>
> We should keep Caseys mail in mind, when we start developing the next
> version. It is very interesting but sadly nobody of us found any time to
> answer....

> Subject: [Digikam-users] Metadata and IPTC support
> Date: Wednesday 09 November 2005 05:59
> From: Casey Finnerty <caseyfinnerty at rogers.com>
> To: digikam-users at kde.org
>
> 6. Powerful, flexible printing options. Print pictures with or w/o titles
> and/or comments. Settings for print and paper quality. Digikam is ok for
> printing, but there is room for improvement re: settings for print/paper
> quality. Perhaps this is a wider KDE issue. (As a Linux newbie, I don't
> know.)

As a hobby photographer I use Gutenprint only (rich features, up-to-date
printer support, excellent support for Epson 2100). I do agree that digiKam
has much room for improvement on its printing front, but the question must be
asked if it is worth while doing something else than trying to
incorporate/interface with Gutenprint? DigiKam printing could be improved for
thumbnail pages, and, if we go further with our own solution, positioning of
the print on the page is indispensible.
Thanks Casey for all your thoughts.

Gerhard