[Digikam-devel] preparing the future : creating a new 0.9.0 branch ?

Gilles Caulier caulier.gilles at free.fr
Tue Nov 1 09:43:22 GMT 2005

Hi all,

I'm currently working on DImage support in digiKam and DIgikamImagePlugins.
It's a large task to do, and i'm not sure to put it in 0.8.1. From last
Renchi tarball available, there are any tasks to do:

- Finish DImage implementation (PNG/PNM support in 16/bits/color/pixels)
- Finish metat data support (IPTC on TIFF files)
- Add RAW files support.
- Finish to port Image Editor core using DImage.
- Porting all algorithms used in image plugin (core and DigikamImagePlugins)
- Porting digikam/libs/filters.

Question : we can create a new 0.9.0 branch dedicaced to DImage support. I'm
not sure if this is the best solution because we need to maintain 2 branchs
at the same time (trunk: 0.8.x and branch: 0.9.0). Also, merging 0.9.0 branch
to trunk will not trivial (dixit when Tom have merged 0.8.0 branch to trunk
(:=))))

What do you think about ?