[Digikam-devel] 0.8 branch

Tom Albers tomalbers at kde.nl
Fri Jun 24 08:43:49 BST 2005

Op vrijdag 24 juni 2005 06:40, schreef Vardhman Jain:
> My comments as I used digikam 0.8 directly..
>
> > 2. Last sentence in dialog about deleting of items from database should
> >    mention once again it is removal from database, not images itself.
> >    "Do you want to remove descriptions of these items from database?" NOT
> > "Do
> >    you want delete these items?"
> >    Users are really reading (if anything...) only first and last
> > sentence.
>
> This is a problem, When I imported some directory to my collection, It
> copies the directory within my Digikam Pictures folder. Now When I see
> that the directory got created/copied (I mean I expected it to be just
> some kind of link to the extern directory), I tried the delete option
> and the directory was not going. It was just deleteing the info from
> database probably.
> Aren't both the behaviours contradicting. Also why should photos be
> copies why can Digikam just load them from the directory they were
> imported from?

digiKam supports only one library path. That means all images visible in
digiKam have to me in that library path. Import copies the images to the
library. Just when you are importing fruit, you want the actual fruit, not
some link to it ;-)

The database will always simply reflect what is on disk.

> >Album and tag filter issue.
>
> I also feel that there should be some simple option to see all the
> images with a particular tag and not limited to one particular album.
> The current one is also useful but this may also be of help so that
> the user can avoid using search option for this task.

Try the tagview on the left.

> >Advance Search with and/Or operation
>
> This would be a useful feature to be  implement.

Try the extended search.

> --Just my 2 cents.

Are you sure you are running 0.8?

Toma