[Digikam-devel] 0.8 branch

Vardhman Jain vardhman at gmail.com
Fri Jun 24 05:40:38 BST 2005

My comments as I used digikam 0.8 directly..

> 2. Last sentence in dialog about deleting of items from database should
>    mention once again it is removal from database, not images itself.
>    "Do you want to remove descriptions of these items from database?" NOT
> "Do
>    you want delete these items?"
>    Users are really reading (if anything...) only first and last sentence.
This is a problem, When I imported some directory to my collection, It
copies the directory within my Digikam Pictures folder. Now When I see
that the directory got created/copied (I mean I expected it to be just
some kind of link to the extern directory), I tried the delete option
and the directory was not going. It was just deleteing the info from
database probably.
Aren't both the behaviours contradicting. Also why should photos be
copies why can Digikam just load them from the directory they were
imported from?

>Album and tag filter issue.
I also feel that there should be some simple option to see all the
images with a particular tag and not limited to one particular album.
The current one is also useful but this may also be of help so that
the user can avoid using search option for this task.

>Advance Search with and/Or operation
This would be a useful feature to be  implement.

--Just my 2 cents.

--
Vardhman